Olympic Traditions

I'm so excited the Olympics are back!  The spirit of competition, the personal stories, John Williams' music, all of it, are just so enjoyable.  There is no question that we had to celebrate with Olympic foods.  (See past celebrations: RioSochiVancouver)  We were in desperate need of family time, so I didn't go all out this time making lots of dishes and inviting lots of people.


This Slow Cooker Korean Beef was super easy, very tender, and had great flavor.  I would make it again in a heartbeat, even if I wasn't celebrating the Olympics.  I swapped regular hot sauce in for the Sriracha, and left off the sesame seeds, but otherwise followed instructions.  Also, don't be afraid to serve this to your kiddos, mine loved it and had leftovers for breakfast!


These fruit torches were Pinterest inspired.  They were super easy--just orange and pineapple slices in a sugar cone.


Finally, a giant sugar cookie with my favorite buttercream.  I was going to make the Olympic rings out of the M&Ms, and even had it all laid out on the counter.  I soon realized I had absolutely no patience for lining everything up, yet again, and on frosting, so I went with Olympic colored polka dots instead.😀 You gotta know when to fold 'em folks.

We had a great time at our little family celebration, and found a new family favorite dish in the process.

Comments