A String of Good Luck


I had a string of good luck with new recipes lately. Keepers that I'm sure will hang around for a while. In no particular order are some of the best from the past couple of weeks:


  • Taco Meatloaf from this recipe by Simple and Delicious. I chose not to use my slow cooker because of time constraints, but I bet it would be good that way too. I served this with tortilla chips and a salad. If you mixed up the bites of everything it was a great twist on a taco salad!
  • Last Friday night we hosted an Opening Ceremonies party at our house. I was going for a Canadian food theme and since there aren't a lot of distinctly Canadian delicacies, I took some liberties with the authenticity of the meal. I made this recipe for LeCellier's Cheese Soup and even though it didn't turn out as thick as I hoped (perhaps three batches at a time is not best) it was delicious. I also found a homerun hit in this recipe for Almost Famous Maple-Butter Blondies. I am super glad there were leftovers of these!
  • I love to celebrate a holiday with a cutout cookie and Valentine's Day is no different. After all, I have serveral different heart cookie cutters to choose from. I decided to do chocolate rather than my usual sugar cookie or cream cheese cookie recipes. I settled on this recipe for the Best Ever Chocolate Cutout Cookies from All Recipes. I took the advice of reviewers and added an extra egg yolk and teaspoon of vanilla. I finished with my usual melt the frosting trick and Valentine sprinkles.

Comments