Better Than OG

Alfredo that's better than Olive Garden?  That's a big claim, even if you don't love Olive Garden Alfredo.  Of course I had to see if the recipe lived up to the hype.


The love affair the youngest member of our household has with Alfredo is well documented here, here, and here, among many others.  For last week's National Fettuccine Alfredo Day, we went with the Better Than Olive Garden Seafood Alfredo selection.  Only shrimp could improve fettuccine Alfredo in the eyes of my kiddo, and she loved this recipe.  Loved it so much she ate it for dinner, and for lunch the next four days in a row.

It was a great Alfredo version.  I only made a half recipe, and there was still plenty of sauce for our breadsticks.  I also used only shrimp, instead of the shrimp and scallop combo the recipe called for.  All in all, this recipe is pretty easy, and I liked the extra creaminess of the mozzarella.  I felt a little rushed making this meal, but I think that was my timing, rather than the recipe.

As evidenced by a steady diet of seafood Alfredo for the last week, this was a great recipe, especially for the Alfredo-lover at your house.

Comments