When Someone Turns Six

When someone turns six, much celebration of the food variety is in order.  I feel like I've been trying new recipes every time I turn around.  So here's the rundown...


The baking began on Tuesday with these Pecan Pie Brownies for the deacons meeting at our house.  These are CRAZY rich, so cut them small! 


On the birthday girl's day, I surprised her with a little party when she got off the bus.  Nothing fancy, just the neighborhood kids sharing a snack in honor of her special day.  I tried to include a couple of her favorite foods, Kit Kats and the Munchies mix, as well as these Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies.  The cookies are super easy and tasty too.  I used a white cake mix, but I think they would be a fun recipe for a lot of cake mix flavors, yellow, chocolate, and ever red velvet.


After the party we went inside for her birthday dinner, for which she had requested "noodles with white sauce".  It's her favorite dish to order when we eat out, and I knew her expectations would be high.  This Alfredo Sauce recipe on All Recipes got great reviews, and sounded quick and easy.  I used fat free half and half instead of cream, and this was still plenty rich and creamy.  I think it's my favorite Alfredo recipe yet.

That's it, kids.  I'm cooked out for a few days.  Looks like it will be a leftovers and takeout kind of weekend. 

Comments