Soup Season


With Awana back in full swing, and fall temperatures lurking, we are back to soup on Wednesdays.

I loved the Bacon, Potato & Cheddar Chowder we had tonight.  Cheesy potato soups are a dime a dozen, but it's because almost all of them are delicious right?  I'm always game to try another one.

I liked that this recipe has more depth of flavor than others I've tried.  It's kind of like a beer cheddar soup without the bite of the beer.  Paired with Costco pretzel rolls, it was perfect.

In general I followed the recipe, I had a little extra Swiss cheese left in the fridge so I added that along with a healthy cup of sharp cheddar.  There is no such thing as too much cheese.  Ever.  Do make sure you add salt (and pepper if you it).  That much potato definitely needs salt.

I can't wait to warm up the rest of this and have it again.  Mmmmmmmm

Comments