Coming in Threes

I don't know if three is normally a lucky or unlucky number.  I guess I could say my threes were a bit of both.  By threes I mean multiple groupings--three new recipes for our evening meals and three burns to go along with them.  Awesome.


We started with this delicious and easy Apricot Dijon Glazed Chicken.  It needs a small amount of prep time to get the glaze ready, and a bit of attention for basting during the baking process.  And do be careful with the basting, that was the source of burns two and three for me.


I had some frozen asparagus in the freezer that I wanted to get used up so based on my new love of all things balsamic, I tried this recipe for Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar.  Bust!  I don't know if I cooked it too long or what, but we did not find it enjoyable.  Boo.


Our meal concluded with this Quick and Easy Apple Strudel.  It turns out that puff pastry and I do NOT get along.  My last encounter was a disaster and this go 'round was no better.  Luckily I had a pie crust left from the pot pie last week for a quick substitution.  This strudel was pretty easy to make and yummy.  Be ware the sweet and caramelly juices that escape the strudel!  While delicious, if you decide to sample too soon, you too can be the owner of a fabulous burn blister.

So, two of these recipes are definite keepers.  I might try the asparagus again, but only with fresh spears and I'm going to watch the time like a hawk!

Update:  I fixed the leftovers from this chicken a few days later and served it with grilled onions and Monterey Jack cheese on Hawaiian sandwich Buns--yummo!

Comments