Pot Pie Parm


This recipe for Chicken Parmesan Skillet Pot Pie caught my eye in no time.  I love the cozy touch of pot pie in the winter, and pie crust is always a plus in my book.

This dish is SUPER easy to assemble.  I took the previous blogger's suggestion and just used a jar of pasta sauce.  I knew we liked the seasoning combination, and it was Friday--I was looking for as little work as possible.  I topped the sauce with fresh Parmesan and fresh mozzarella because I've really fallen in love with the extra creaminess it provides.  Throw on the refrigerated pie crust, a little more Parmesan and Italian seasoning and done!

This was yummy, cozy, and toasty all at the same time.  I wasn't sure how the pie crust/tomato sauce combination would be, but it went together well.  I used a regular pie plate instead of my cast iron skillet for this recipe because I have a 12 inch, and it seemed like it would just be too big.

This recipe was a fun way to do Italian, but in a new way.  Highly recommend.

Comments