Fresh is Best

I've often heard people discuss the merits of fresh mozzarella, but never really understood what the fuss was, save from the occasional marinated salad.  But since I had some ingredients left from the Caprese Grilled Cheese, I decided trying them on pizza was worth a shot.


After putting together this Fresh Mozzarella, Basil, and Tomato Pizza, I am a convert!  So deliciously, gooey and yummy.


For my variation, I topped the crust with olive oil, then smoked ham, a little bacon, then the basil, tomato, and cheese. I also followed these tips in cooking the pizza crust and it definitely takes it to the next level.

I'm not sure I'm going to get back to making pizza with regular cheese ever again.  It's just too delicious with the fresh mozz.  And now, I'm going to have to try the pin I keep seeing for making your own mozzarella.

Comments