Caprese and Cheese


Grilled cheese sandwiches rank right up there as a all time favorite for me.  It's one of the few dishes I believe I could eat on a nearly daily basis and not tire.

That being said, I'm not opposed to the occasional change-up, including this Caprese Grilled Cheese.

One of things I love about a grilled cheese sandwich is that it is super fast and easy.  Those factors don't change when it's "gourmet" grilled cheese, but it sure does taste fancy!

For our sandwiches, I used fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes.  I also sprinkled the filled with a little balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder.  The result was a super cheesy and delicious combination.  If I make it again, I would add more seasoning.  I felt like it really brought everything together.

Once again, grilled cheese is a hit.  Can't wait to try it in summer with fresh from the garden basil and tomatoes!

Comments