Cheesy Gooey Goodness


I love a stuffed baked potato.  It's a default lunch or Sunday evening supper because I love them, and they are simple.  Ditto a grilled cheese. 

What do you get when you combine the two?  Awesome.  Pure awesome.

Now, the two things together are not completely the easy meal that either is by itself.  There is, however, an extra layer of tastiness that definitely makes it work making again.

For the most part of followed the Baked Potato Grilled Cheese recipe.  I made a few adjustments to make three sandwiches, but really that's it.  For two regular sized sandwiches, and one slightly smaller one, I used six slices of bacon, three small new potatoes (thinly sliced on the mandolin), one green onion, four slices of cheddar cheese, and about three tablespoons of lite sour cream.

To build my sandwich, I spread the bottom slice of bread with a thin layer of the sour cream, then layered the green onion, crumbled bacon, and potato slices (fried in butter, not oil), then cheese.  The sour cream really works well at holding the green onion and bacon inside the sandwich for flipping.

We all loved this sandwich.  I was unsure what the potato would be like in a sandwich, but it was delicious.  I think frying it before hand deals with any weird texture issues so it mostly just serves as a background flavor for the other goodness.  The sour cream also adds a nice richness.

Grilled cheese goodness + stuffed baked potato yummy = you should make this.  Soon.

Comments

kennedyascott said…
This sounds so delicious. I love grilled cheese and am always looking for new ways to make them! I spend way to much time on pinterest looking at all the delicious recipes! The other day I found an avocado, pesto, spinach and mozzarella grilled cheese that looked amazing! I will be trying it soon and yours too as soon as I make it to the store for ingredients!
HRottier said…
It's definitely worth the work for the fancy kind of grilled cheese every once in a while!