A Whole Lot of Dessert Making

All of a sudden it seems every thing coming out of my kitchen is sweet!  We had a church potluck last week for which I made the Easter version of these, plus brownies.  Then, there was the birthday cake.  And finally, because no deacon meeting is complete without dessert, Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars.

I didn't know what to make and there were still leftovers of all the previous desserts sitting around.  It was all so uninspiring.  However, time was short and the Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars came from ingredients already on hand. 

As I began mixing them up, I realized that another one of the deacons' wives had made a similar recipe for their retreat in January.  Given the fact that the meeting was only an hour and half away, I decided not to care.  The guys all like the PB & Chocolate combo and probably wouldn't remember anyway.  These bars are a lot like the Chocolate Revel Bars I make from my trusty Better Homes cookbook, but they don't have oatmeal and do start with cake mix.

These bars are smooth and rich, and too easy to eat when they just sit and stare at me from the counter.  I'd like to try making them with crunchy peanut butter.  In general we prefer crunchy at our house, even in recipes, and I think it would make the texture of the bars just a tad more interesting.  Don't you?

Comments

agreiner said…
I love my sweets. I am glad your husband enjoyed his birthday cake. I don't think my culinary skills are as polished as yours. Maybe when we are moved into the new house, this will change.