A New Slider To Try Plus A Lovely Pecan Pie

So now that I'm team Buttery Toasted Hawaiian Rolls are the best, I've been making all the sliders. I've made these Turkey Cranberry Sliders, Breakfast Sliders, and Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes, some of them more than once. I was pretty sure these Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull-aparts would be a sure winner.

I was not wrong, and in fact I was so very right. These tasted so good and were everything you love in this combo all piled on a delightfully toasty Hawaiian roll. What impresses me about all these sliders is how yummy the leftovers are. In some cases they're even fantastic served cold. I'm about to start doubling all the recipes when I make them, so that I have more leftovers for lunches. Usually when I put them on the menu, I know we will have one more meal's worth of eating, and I look forward to the leftover like few other dishes. I ended up using nine ounces of deli chicken (one box worth), a healthy sprinkle of Kirkland bacon bits, Marzetti Simply Dressed Ranch dressing, a combination of shredded cheddar and Colby Jack cheese.

I also had a few minutes to put together this Brown Sugar Pecan Pie for Pi Day. I loved the butter and caramel flavors that came through more because there wasn't corn syrup involved. My family preferred the extra "goo" that generally comes with corn syrup recipes. I might actually try a 1.5-2x filling variety to see if they like that better. As recipes go, this one is so quick (at least if you are using a refrigerated crust like it did). If you need a last minute dessert, this is a super option, and you more than likely have everything already on hand (I just used regular butter) to make.

I love when I find two amazing recipes that I know I'll use again. I highly recommend them both!

Comments