Late to the Pull-Apart Party


All the awesome varieties of pull-apart recipes have been going around for years, and I have the Pins to prove it. For whatever reason, though, I've never made one of those recipes!

That ends today. I had these Pull-Apart Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes on the September menu, and it finally happened.  I made the recipe in two phases so that it would be even easier at the end of a long work day. I made the meat mixture on my at home day, and tossed it in the refrigerator. The day of I warmed that in microwave for a few minutes while I prepped everything else.

These were so fun! The flavor was an interesting spicy-sweet combo that is definitely sloppy joe, with a fun Tex-Mex twist. And really, let's face it, everything is better on a toasty, buttery, Hawaiian roll. The cheese was good, but you could easily swap out for cheddar to get a little more cheesey flavor. I think I'm definitely inspired to go deeper into the pull-apart roster waiting for me.

Comments

Erin Kelly said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin Kelly said…
These look so good. All things I love... sloppy joe? Yum. TexMex? Yum. Hawaiian Roll? YUM. They don't look like they were too hard, either? Definitely need to make these in the future... or have my mom make them for me, that is.

- Erin Kelly
Heidi said…
@Erin - You could totally make these!