Closing Soup Season

I took a chance closing out my April menu with a soup night.  It turned out to be a lucky gamble.  We had a perfectly cold, rainy day that screamed for soup.

Since it was also piano lesson day, the soup had to be slow cooker friendly.  Normally, I never deviate from this Panera-like broccoli cheddar version, but it had to be done.  Good news: it was delicious!  While I think I prefer the brighter colors and slightly mustardy flavor of my regular, this was very tasty.  If I didn't have another go to, this could totally be it.

Due to our schedule I had to make an adjustment or two to the steps.  I cooked the ingredients on low for about four hours, then blended the veggies, broth, and evaporated milk.  I moved the temp to warm while we were gone, about an hour and a half.  Then, when we got home I quickly shredded the cheese into the mixture.  (Can I have bonus points for doing my own shredding?  I never do that.)  Then we served up our bowls and dug in.

This is a first rate cheddar broccoli soup, and I'm pleased to find another option that gives a little bit of flexibility as compared to my other version.  I'll hang on to it for sure.

Comments

Sad to hear you closing out soup season but sounds like a great meal. My family does some kind of soup or chili on most sundays so sad to see it go.