You Have to Try This

The little one at our house is a big fan of Panera Bread. Given the choice between McDonalds and Panera? She'll choose Panera any day. Her favorite menu item, aside from the cookies, is the broccoli cheddar soup.

When I was menu planning for this month, I was looking for easy ideas for our busy Wednesday nights and also for some of the little one's favorite meals. She's a great eater and I never worry about whether she'll eat what I make, but once in a while I like to make sure there's something that's a favorite for her. I remembered that I had saved a recipe for this Almost Famous Broccoli Cheddar soup from Food Network magazine a year or two ago. The perfect solution.

This recipe is awesome. It tastes very close to the restaurant version. I love that it's packed with veggies (cheese too!) and has such a rich flavor. Even the smell while it was cooking was fantastic.

I stuck very close to the original recipe, simply making a few substitutions for ingredients I had on hand. I didn't have quite two cups of half and half so I subbed in some whole milk. The cheese I had on hand was a fiesta blend, plus a little mild cheddar to make the 2+ cups. I don't think either substitution made a bit of difference.

Here's your mission: add this recipe to your menu, pin it on Pinterest (I put the link up!), make this! It is SO good.

Comments