Zuppa Season

Winter keeps giving us a healthy dose of soup season, and my menu is happy to oblige.  Today's offering is this Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana.

Now, I've made Zuppa Toscana before, but this recipe is a little simpler.  First, it uses fewer ingredients.  Second, the slow cooker does the heavy lifting.  I liked that this recipe used the Simply Potatoes to keep things super easy.  Do I want to buy overpriced, package potatoes on the regular?  Definitely not.  But on days like today where there's plenty of running around to be done, plus walks with the dog, and doctor's appointments, I'll make use of them.

This soup was bursting with flavor.  I'm looking forward to the leftovers, and it looks like the weather is going to give me lots of opportunities to enjoy it this long zuppa season.

Comments