Baked Eggs


Our recent breakfasts for dinner have worked out pretty well, so I was really excited about making these Baked Eggs with Crispy Hashbrown Crust.  Hashbrowns are one of my most favorite things.  Ever.

For the most part this recipe was an easy one.  I simplified life by using frozen hashbrowns, and didn't worry about flipping them as one.  I did notice the hashbrowns cooked way down, so I recommend starting with more than the original recipe calls for.  Either way, the hashbrowns cooked up beautifully, I added the eggs (five instead of six) and cheese, and broiled it.

The combination of the crispy hashbrowns with the broiled melty cheese is awesome.  I am so looking forward to these leftovers for breakfast.  Yum!

Comments

Alex said…
I've never been a breakfast person. Probably because I'm not a morning person. I love the idea of having "brinner" though! Maybe turning a breakfast favorite into a dessert? YUM!
Heidi said…
I think breakfast for dinner is far more exciting than breakfast for breakfast. I'd be all for a constitutional amendment to change the rules for breakfast foods entirely. They get so boring!
Anonymous said…
I always eat breakfast...for breakfast lunch or dinner! I never thought to bake eggs though...I'll have to experiment!