The Ole Switcheroo

I tried to stick to the plan.  Really I did.


But when the rest of the nation is celebrating National Pancake Day, I really felt we should go along with the crowd.  A quick search of Pinterest, and I found Apple Pie Pancakes.  Perfect.

This is a pretty simple pancake recipe with a little apple thrown in.  I chose to leave out the cloves because I think that in the battle of the spices, cloves always win, and I'd rather taste cinnamon and nutmeg.

The real joy in this plate is the toppings.  I decided to up the ante just a bit.  For fun, I topped our pancakes with butter, whipped cream, toasted pecans, and hot caramel sauce.  Ta da!  Caramel Apple Pie Pancakes.  Holy smokes they were delicious.  The butter and caramel combo was the perfect foil to the spice in the pancakes.  Yu-um.  Just think of it as breakfast and dessert all rolled up together.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This looks like the best thing I have ever seen. I didn't know it was National Pancake Day until I saw your post! Unofrtunately, the day was almost done, I had no pancake mix, and Ihop isn't open 24-hours on weekdays :(
Aly Clemente said…
This looks so delicious! And yet it sounds so simple by the way that you described putting it all together. I wanna try and make these one weekend...that is we ever get a weekend off from softball
Heidi said…
Definitely try these! It was super easy, and you could totally add apple and cinnamon to pancake mix and get a similar result.