Ring Around the Turkey, Ham and Cheese

My sister-in-law recently asked me how often I used crescent rolls.  I told her I thought it was only two or three times a month.  Now that she's asked, I feel like I'm using them all the time!


So here's another.  This time a Turkey Ham and Cheese Ring.  This is certainly not a complicated recipe, but it did seem to take some time to get everything chopped and stirred together.  Maybe it's because I was running out of mayo, maybe because I was in a hurry, and maybe because I was just ready to sit down for the day.  No matter, it got into the oven and turned out very well.

I chose to use Honey Mustard, but I think I would like Dijon mustard just as well or better.  The crowd at my table would probably find that "too mustardy" so to keep the peace, I'm glad I went with the honey variety.  I used a mixture of sharp cheddar and fiesta cheeses, too.  It's what was in the drawer, and I wanted to make sure the cheese flavor would show up rather than hide away.


I think this would be a great recipe to use up deli meat remnants or even Thankgiving or Easter dinner leftovers.  You could definitely choose any combination of meats, cheeses, and veggies and end up with a slightly different but delicious meal each time.

Comments

Casey Gordon said…
I LOVE crescents!This recipe looks delicious and I'm always looking for something new to try.