Cheesy Mac Soup?

Mac and cheese has to be one of my favorite all time foods.  If you've hung around this blog for any time at all, you've no doubt noticed.  I'll try all kinds of specialty macs, and it's even one of my favorite things to order in restaurants.


This Ham Mac & Cheese Soup was so thick and creamy.  (That might have something to do with that last handful of cheese I threw in.)  So much better than the last time I tried this mac and cheese soup thing.

I really didn't even have to play around with the recipe much.  I used mostly American cheese as called for, but then threw in a little sharp cheddar and mozzarella I had hanging around in the fridge.  I liked the balance of the flavors from different cheeses.  Also, my ham was leftover from the freezer, but I don't suppose that really makes a lot of difference.

I'm calling this one a win, and judging by the happy faces at our table, I think the others did too.

Comments