Oh No!

I'm a lover of mac and cheese.  Well pretty much anything and cheese, to be truthful.

That's what makes this post so disappointing.  Mac and Cheese Soup should have been awesome.  Mac and Cheese with an extra dose of comfort from the soup format.

Sadly, not so.  Although the flavor was good, the soupy part was weak, not in flavor necessarily, but in consistency.  It was just awkward to eat mac and cheese without the creamy goodness that normally results from homemade mac and cheese. 

I did not follow the recipe exactly, but I'm doubtful my adjustments would have caused my objection to the consistency (which, by the way, the hubby agreed was just weird).  I didn't do the tomato toasts.  I will take a fresh hot roll with soup any day of the week and I did in this case, too.  I also left out the celery since it's not a big hit in this house, and added just a bit of ground mustard since I like that flavor in regular mac and cheese.

I'm so sorry not to put this into the keep pile.  I guess I'll stick with other versions from now on.

Comments