Love a Loaded Potato


As mentioned a few or a few hundred times before, loaded baked potatoes are one of my favorite things.  What's not to love--bacon, cheese, potato, sour cream, butter?  All good.

I'm also eager to the flavors in new formats--grilled cheese, potato chips, soup.  Again, all good.

So, trying this Loaded Potato Quiche was a no-brainer.  (I'm also a fan of quiche so the combination of the two sounded delicious.)


This recipe is simple and relatively quick to prepare.  I used a refrigerated pie crust, 5 slices of bacon, a cup of 2% cheddar, low fat sour cream, skim milk, 3 eggs, frozen cubed potatoes, and a green onion.  I even prepped the quiche early in the day and then refrigerated it for baking closer to dinner.  It worked perfectly.

I'm definitely keeping this quiche recipe for the future.  Although a lot of the ingredients are standard "quiche" ingredients, the baked potato flavor clearly comes through.  It was excellent for dinner with a salad, and I'm enjoying the leftovers for breakfast this week.

Comments