"It Just Doesn't Have Much Flavor"

At six years of age, she's already a food critic, and in this case entirely correct.



I was looking forward to this Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup.  I really love this Broccoli Cheddar Soup, and I figured the cauliflower variety would be similar.  It was NOT.  Instead, it was bland, bland, bland, and not for lack of trying to improve it!  I threw in garlic powder, salt, seasoning salt, more cheese, and still, nothing.

Now admittedly, I didn't use the pepper jack cheese called for in the recipe, but neither did the other blogger.  I used a combination of sharp cheddar, colby-jack, and a bit of leftover Gruyere.  And then I added more sharp cheddar, and then a little more.  You get the idea.

I think the secret to the blandness might be the water.  I'm guessing it should be all chicken broth and milk.  Doubtful, though, that I'll try again just to find out.  From here on, I think I'll stick with traditional broccoli and cheese.

Comments