Two for Two


We are two new recipes into the new year, and we've had two successes!  What a yummy week.

Now, this recipe for Shrimp, Feta, and Fresh Herb Mac & Cheese won't be on the menu very often.  It's a many step process, creates a lot of dirty dishes, and frankly, is a bit "fancy" for our everyday schedule.  It is, however, a great once-in-a-while dish.  The flavors are so different than the usual mac and cheese or even seafood casserole.  The fresh flavors really come through.


Other than making just a half recipe, I followed this recipe as written!  It surprises me as much as anyone.  I did spring for the Gruyere cheese (even though it was pricey, I knew it would make the dish work).  I used skim milk because that's what we keep in the house, though, and the cheese sauce was still delicious.  We didn't even notice the missing fat.

Comments