Good Things Come in Small Packages

Due to the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, and a bitterly cold, snowy day on Friday, our week got a little turned around.  I'm glad that this recipe didn't get entirely forgotten.

These Mini Shepherd's Pies are the perfect winter day food.  They don't have the amount of gravy and veggies that typically happen in a larger Shepherd's pie.  There is, however, a delicious beefy flavor topped with super yummy mashed potatoes and surrounded by a soft biscuit cup. 

My execution of this recipe included a few modifications.  I was using up some biscuits I had on hand so I used a smaller variety than the recipe called for, but they still worked just fine.  I also went with the chili sauce option instead of the ketchup.  Finally, I left off the potato chips and didn't even miss them.

I'm holding these in reserve for my next Olympics party .  I think they'll make a fun appetizer for the London games celebration.

Comments