I'm Ready...

...ready for a new year, a new start, new recipes.  Many of the recipes for this month's menu come from the most recent issue of Simple and Delicious  I found several of them while proctoring a final during December, and I was excited to include several of them on the January menu.  (For some reason, the rest of the days took a lot of work to fill in, but that happens every so often.)

If we're being honest with one another, I'll admit I'm already going off-menu for the very first meal of the month!  We had anticipated today being a travel day home from a visit with my husband's family.  We ended up coming home a day early, so I'm going to skip the frozen pizza I'd planned and make French Onion Soup instead.  It just sounds better for this blustery, frigid day. 

As an aside, many people wonder how I can meal plan without feeling hemmed in by the lack of menu options on a given night.  However, this is the perfect example of where I have a plan, but feel perfectly free to go off the plan. (But the plan was there, just in case.)

Comments