Showing Someone You Love Them with Mac & Cheese

Our Valentine's weekend plans moved around quite a bit, so my menu didn't really pan out. Never fear, it was all good, but I'm glad for a pantry and a deep freeze that allows me to stay flexible with what we eat.

For our Valentine's meal in, my kiddo chose Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese. It's one of her favorites, and I never object because mac and cheese, in all its forms, is one of my favorites. I'm always up for finding a new mac and cheese recipe, in this case Best Ever Macaroni and Cheese.

It was pretty darn cheesy, which is always a good thing. I would probably choose to increase the cheddar and decrease the Velveeta a little just to make the flavor heavier on the Cheddar. I also decided to throw in a little dry mustard and dried onions, just because I love those flavors in mac and cheese. Overall, it was a great mac and cheese, and super creamy, a perfect base for some pulled pork and a drizzle of barbecue sauce. So, whether you eat it by eat just mac & cheese or partner with something else, this is a good choice for comfort food and showing someone your love for yourself or someone else. 

Comments

Brock Stotler said…
Really enjoy reading your blog posts every week. I checked this recipe out online and me and my roommates are going to try and make it tonight
HRottier said…
Let me know how it turns out!