Oh, Breakfast for Dinner, How I Love Thee

Sometimes I vaguely reference something on my menu, that then has to be more specifically defined when it comes to actually making dinner on a day. Sometimes, when it comes down to it, I stray pretty far from the vague idea, but most recently it worked out the absolute best that it could.

So Breakfast for Dinner was on the menu and we ended up with Scrambled Egg and Cheese Bake plus the Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Toast. Everything about it made me so happy.

First, the egg and cheese bake was seriously easy, and pretty amazingly delicious. It's similar to an egg bake my sister-in-law and sister make, but with a little less cheese (still plenty of it though). I used a combination of cheddar, Havarti, and a little Parmesan, for the cheese mixture. Topped with sour cream and green onion, it was perfect for a cold and snowy night.

Then we have the Cinnamon Toast. It was soooooooooooooo tasty. Allow some time for the butter to soften and to mix everything together, but it will be worth every minute it takes. I still like my traditional cinnamon sugar toast (toast, butter, then sugar & cinnamon sprinkle), but this was special and fun. A great sweet treat opposite the egg casserole.

Comments

Kyle S. said…
We have breakfast for dinner every Wednesday night at our house! We've been doing it for as long as I can remember. And the combination of something with dough (pancakes, toast, waffles, etc.) and eggs is pretty hard to beat. When mom makes pancakes, we usually ask her to throw on some fried eggs too.