Panera Dupe

Panera is a favorite at our house, but time and budget don't permit endless amount of visits. So I'm always interested in finding some Panera recipe knock-offs. This broccoli cheddar is one of our favorites that I make multiple times per year. (If you've learned anything from this blog it's that I don't repeat recipes ever, let alone multiple times per year.)

I decided to see if this Copycat Panera Chicken and Wild Rice soup could be a good at-home copy.  It definitely is. Rich and creamy soup that is as good as the original and pretty easy too. Time to prep got away from me just a little, even though I had the chicken already cooked, and used pre-shredded carrot so plan accordingly. One other thing, make sure you add salt! It says salt and pepper to taste, but you'll definitely want to add some when you add the pepper, at least a teaspoon to start.

I'm so excited to have another successful Panera dupe, and with plenty of time left in soup season, I'm sure I'll be making it several more times. I'd love to figure out the crockpot conversion of the recipe too, so that it's even more flexible and useful.

Comments