Always Alfredo

National Fettuccine Alfredo Day could absolutely NOT go uncelebrated at our house.  It is my kiddo's favorite food, and it would totally be mine if I would allow myself the fat and calories on a more regular basis.

I've course I've made Alfredo dishes before, as itemized here, but I'll continue to try new versions just for the fun of it.  This Fettuccine Alfredo V was a good contender.  Great creamy sauce with a smooth texture and just the right amount of garlic (I used about 2/3 of what the recipe called for).  The use of the egg yolk was a new twist, but I think it smoothed out the sauce and made everything blend together just a little better.  All of you purists out there should look away for just a minute because I'll relate that I did not freshly grate the Parmesan cheese.  It was the end of a long day, and I just really wanted to dump and go.  Honestly, I don't know if it even made a difference.

We all enjoyed our pasta, and this is definitely worth keeping around as a family favorite. So cheers to National Days, especially when they bring us the foods we love and want another excuse to eat.

Comments