You Had Me at Lobster

It's a new year and I was looking to refresh our menu with a bit more fish/seafood.  So, of course, I turned to Pinterest, and in my search several versions of Poor Man's Lobster came up.  Some use only boiling, some broiling, and some both.  The idea was so simple and oh so intriguing, that I absolutely had to give it a try.

It turns out, Poor Man's Lobster rocks!  Maybe it's just anything dipped in butter, but we all really loved this one.  I used cod (some recipes call for haddock), because I knew we all like it.  I found it most lobster-like in flavor when I was eating the smaller pieces drenched in butter.  One caution I would have, if you have smaller pieces of fish, you won't need to boil them for 10 minutes.  The pieces get a bit fragile and harder to eat.

We finished out our meal with some Soft Batch Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.  In a word, they are CHOCOLATEY.  The dough was super thick (so thick it broke my big cookie scoop), and the cookies didn't spread like I thought they should, but they were dense, rich, and the perfect chocolate fix.  If you decide to make them, I'd suggest adding a bit more milk.  Also, these are big cookies.  If you want the batch to make more, use a smaller scoop and cut your cooking time.

What a lovely meal we ended up with.  Start to finish it was one of my favorites in quite some time.

Comments