Oven Scrambled

I'm on a lifelong quest to make dinner easier, and as easy as breakfast for dinner is, I think I just found a way to make it easier.


Enter Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs.  You do all the normal scrambled egg prep, plus cheese.  Put it in a pan and put it in the oven.  A few minutes later you stir and put it back.  Almost 30 minutes, without effort, later you have amazing scrambled eggs.  I just added the cheese the recipe called for, but you could add in ham, bacon, or pre-cooked sausage with no problem at all.  Our served alongside biscuits and smoked sausage was fantastic.


Normally, there's no dessert with breakfast--much to my kiddo's dismay--but for breakfast for dinner I'll make an exception, especially for these easy No-Bake Smoosh Bars.  They are really pretty much a no bake version of January's Man Bars.  We all preferred the Man Bars because the chocolate chips in the Smoosh Bars were super crunchy and stood out from the rest of the mixture.  Next, I think I might experiment with using the vanilla wafers ala the Smoosh, but baking ala the Man version.  Complicated kitchen science right there! 

I'm so glad to have found this egg recipe.  I can think of countless occasions where I can use it--brunches, meal-prep for breakfasts, when we have guests, and on and on.  As for the Smoosh Bars?  Well I can say I've tried them, and I'm working my way through the ways you can use sweetened condensed milk to stick things together!

Comments