Man Bars (And a Sheet Pan Meal)

The beauty of winter break is much cooking.  I've been enjoying myself immensely, especially when I stumble on an easy dinner, and Man Bars.  Man Bars are goooooooooooood.

First, dinner.  Sheet meals are still on my list of favorite recipes right now.  Easy peasy plus roasty vegetables, both two big wins in my book.  This Kielbasa and Pierogies Sheet Pan Meal brings the best flavors together all in one dish, and goes together super quick.  I left off the hot sauce, so everyone at the table could enjoy it.  I found it a little bit difficult to get the seasoning to distribute on the frozen pierogies, but a little extra oil solved the problem simply enough.


And then, Man Bars.  It's quite the name isn't it?!  I don't know where the name comes from, but I do know that you'll love them.  It's a crazy simple combination of ingredients that are so different than a lot of other bars, and delicious all the same.  The hardest part is making sure the powdered sugar is evenly distributed.  It felt like it took awhile, but I don't think it really did take that long.  They don't look like much, but the taste more than makes up for their looks.  They are good enough that I might consider keeping all the ingredients on hand all the time, just in case.  (Truthfully, you probably have most them all the time anyway.)

There you have it.  Two fabulous additions to your must make list, and both a little different that a lot of things you're probably already making.

Comments