I Made It Up


I've been known to make things up as I go along in the kitchen, which is kind of surprising, because there's little else in my life that works that way.

We had some birthday dinner leftovers, that I was trying to find a place for.  Realizing that I was out to lunch when I made the October menu and put three breakfasts for dinners in a row, I swapped out one night for an amazing brainstorm.

What if, I thought to myself, I took the leftover chicken, and made a Salsa Verde Chicken Taco Pizza?!?!  It could be Awe.Some.  The very best of all the flavors we like in a new format.

So, I used a purchased pizza crust, brushed lightly with olive oil and added a thin layer of sour cream.  Next, I added a light sprinkle of quesadilla cheese--I wanted its mild flavor and excellent meltiness.  From there I added the chicken and then a little more quesadilla cheese and some cheddar jack.  After the pizza came out of the oven, I added some crushed Wild White Nacho Doritos on the top.  It made the flavor and crunch out of this world.

This was a perfect use of the leftover chicken (for future reference it also tastes delicious when added to mac and cheese), and I'm looking forward to a leftover slice.  It's delightful when ideas work out this well!

Comments