Birthday Celebrating

October is a big birthday month in our house because it's my kiddo's turn to celebrate.  She loves Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos, so that was her meal request.


My additions to her birthday menu included this Strawberry Aqua Fresca, which she loved and thoroughly enjoyed polishing off the next day.  (It really was sooooooo yummy.)


And her birthday cake.  I think every tween girl is enamored with emojis, and mine is no different.  She likes the nerd because she says it looks like her.😄  I used this as my design inspiration.  The cake was a box mix made following these instructions, and a double recipe of this frosting, because it's another favorite of hers.  I just purchased small fondant packages in the colors I need, and it was much easier to use than I anticipated.  I borrowed this trick for getting the sprinkles on the side of the cake, and it worked like a charm.

We had a lovely time celebrating with our family, and I think my girl felt properly celebrated.

Comments