Discovering Sheet Pan Dinners

This sheet pan dinner trend is one that seems to have escaped me.  I'm not sure how I missed it, but now that I'm looking for them, they are everywhere!

Coincidentally, two versions ended up on the menu for this week.  They both ended up being very good.  So tasty, especially the veggies.


First, there was Baked Chicken with Butternut Squash and Asparagus.  I decided since I have several pork chops in the freezer, to make a swap, and omit the squash entirely since we don't really need that much food anyway.  The pork for chicken swap worked perfectly, and the asparagus was amazing.  Truly.


Then there was Sheet Pan Shrimp Scampi.  I had to make a change on this recipe as well.  I couldn't find the scampi seasoning mix, so I decided to use Italian dressing mix instead.  It wasn't a perfect substitute, but I couldn't find an equivalent online and it works fine here, so I went for it.  The shrimp and broccoli combo was mmm, mmm, good.  The tomatoes were a little too tomatoey for my family's liking.

Now that I know what a breeze these sheet pan dinner are to make, and what terrific results they produce--I am in.  I can't wait to see what other delicious combos are out there.

Comments