Toasty!


French toasty that is.  And even better, Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast(y).

The timing on this recipe was about perfect.  Strawberries are getting ripe, yet it's still winterish enough to appreciate a toasty warm, comfort food dish.

I think I may have done almost everything wrong on this dish.  I intentionally switched out whole wheat bread and bread crumbs for wholly un-nutritious white versions of the same thing.  I forgot to mix the honey in with the cream cheese, so I had to drizzle it over the top the cream cheese after it was spread on the bread.  I had already assembled the sandwiches until I read the dipping instructions. So, I dipped both sides in the egg mixture, and only one in the bread crumb mixture.  Then with the egg side up in the skillet, I sprinkled the remaining crumb mixture on and pressed it in.

Apparently it's hard to mess up this deliciousness, because everything turned out gooey, creamy, and strawberry sweet.  Perfect.

Comments

Anonymous said…
YUM! I recently got back into making french toast in the mornings because I realized how easy and quick it is! This is definitely something I'm going to have to try!
Unknown said…
This sounds so yummy! I will definitely have to try this when I have a sweet tooth.
Unknown said…
I made french toast for lunch the other day and I am strongly regretting not adding some strawberries now! They are my favorite fruit so I don't know why this idea slipped my mind.