Heaven for Breakfast

For some reason, our bananas for lunch consumption got all out of whack last week.  Thus I found myself with a Saturday morning and several bananas to use.


I love baked oatmeals for their easy tastiness, so I went in search of one that used bananas.  This Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal appeared in my Pinterest feed first and seemed like a great choice, so I went with it.  Mmmmmmmmmmm, so good, and we've been enjoying the leftovers for our subsequent breakfasts.  It's similar to this Hawaiian Bread and Maple Banana Baked French Toast, but fewer steps and less work--all good things in my book.  I even skipped the separate bowls for wet and dry ingredients.  Previous baked oatmeal recipes told me it didn't matter, and I detest dirtying extra dishes.

Seriously, peeps, find yourselves some ripe bananas and make this ASAP. You won't be sorry.

Comments

Unknown said…
I am sooooo going to make this! It sounds absolutely scrumptious and anything with bananas sounds perfect to me. I love reading up on your recipes/meals because there is so much variance. Always something different to look into and try. I swear, before the end of the semester, I'll have collected so many tasty foods and treats, I couldn't be happier (:
Heidi said…
Elin's favorite question at dinner, "Have we had this before?" And before I can answer, she's already shaking her head no! I love to change things up. It's actually almost hard for me to go back to old recipes. :)