Disney for Breakfast

One of the best meals you'll find on the Walt Disney World property is the Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe.  It was one of our first breakfasts at the resort many moons ago, and it's still one of our favorites.


I have found the Tonga Toast match in this Hawaiian Bread and Maple Banana Baked French Toast. This tasted fantastic, and the prep work is easier than the real deal!  Double bonus.  I ended up using a loaf of Hawaiian sandwich bread because there weren't any round loaves at the store when I was shopping.  I don't think it mattered since I wasn't letting it sit in the fridge before baking.

We did not find that any toppings were necessary for this rich and delicious dish.  My daughter would say the only thing needed was a large glass of milk to break up the sweet!

If you are a Tonga Toast fan like we are, or just want a tropical breakfast and taste of the island, definitely add this to your menu.

Comments