I'm Not Above Bribery

This week I had the opportunity to make a presentation to some of my colleagues.  In an effort to improve attendance in a very busy school year, my co-presenters and I decided to promise food to attendees.

Since I was speaking about using social media in the classroom, I thought it only right that I use social media in my presentation as the source of some new recipes.


Last week was Bradley homecoming, so I decided to give these Copycat Lofthouse Cookies a try.  I've made a different Lofthouse copycat in the past, and while tasty, the dough was super hard to work with.  This dough was amazing and soft.  I could immediately tell a difference in the texture as a result of the corn starch.  They were so smooth and a much truer copy of the grocery store Lofthouse.


Knowing we had some gluten free eaters in the crowd, I also decided to make these No Bake Energy Bites too.  They got rave reviews and several recipe requests.  The recipe itself is about as easy as you can get.  My greatest challenge was keeping the dog away because she smelled peanut butter!

Two great recipes I'm sure I'll put out again, especially when they are proven attendance drivers--we had a full room for our presentation!

Comments