Lofty(House) Living


Grocery shopping with a child is always a trip, and I mean that in the nicest way possible.  Our trips to the store inevitably involve a trip past the cake and cookie section.  Anything with frosting is worthy of her attention, really. 

My little one is particularly attracted to sprinkles (as most kids probably are), and so she always spots the Lofthouse cookies and begs to take them home with us.  I have mixed feelings about the Lofthouse.  I've had batches that were to die for, and some that were like eating cardboard.  Thus, I'm reluctant to buy them, because, as Forrest Gump would say, "You never know what you're gonna get."

I was looking for an easy dessert to send along with the hubster for work this past Monday, and realized these DIY Lofthouse Cookies would be festive and easy.

They are certainly festive, and for the most part, easy.  Being careful not to overmix the dough, I had a hard time getting the dry ingredients incorporated in.  Then, as a result, some of the cookies did not form well, but next time I'll just make the mixer work a little harder.

I did NOT use a scant quarter cup of dough for each cookie.  While delicious, that would be huge!  I settled for using my regular medium Pampered Chef cookie scoop (and nearly broke it!).

One word of caution, too, when making the frosting.  I would less the milk quantity just a bit.  The frosting was a tad runny for my taste, although it did smooth on nicely.

Verdict?  These are a delicious and soft sugar cookie, and pretty close to the good Lofthouse cookies I've tasted.  And since you are in charge of quality control, definitely worth making--you know what you're gonna get!

Comments