On Snow Days

School for my little was cancelled today, and despite only having two "normal" days in the books, I was really happy to have her home with me today.  We had a great day of puttering around both together and separately.  I also had plenty of time to make dinner for our family and for our neighbors who were blessed with a new little one on Christmas Eve!  

I always overthink making food for other people.  I try to remember everything they've ever said about what they cook at home.  I think about the food I've seen them bring to parties, potlucks, and backyard barbecues.  I try to recall everything I've ever heard their kids mention about likes/dislikes.  Yeah, I'm a basket case.


I recently pinned this Creamy Broccoli Chicken Shells and Cheese, and it seemed like a family-friendly meal--healthyish without tasting that way.  I also added a fruit salad dressed with honey and lime juice, some Rhodes rolls, and these kid-friendly Funfetti Gooey Butter Cookies.


The main dish was yum!  I liked the fresh broccoli flavor as well as the creamy cheese sauce.  It was a great dish.  The cookies were essentially the same as the monster ones I made at Halloween, but using sprinkles in them just opens up a whole new world of possibilities.  As we snacked on the fresh cookies today, my kiddo and I were brainstorming a Valentine's Day version-- stay tuned!

Tomorrow is another day off, and of course I'm wondering what the day will bring, but I'm sure it will be some good things!

Comments