Party-on, Halloween Style

Our annual Halloween tradition of hanging out with the neighbors and handing out candy from one garage continued this year.  We cranked up the heater, and added layers to cope with the cold, and then had a grand time together.


As always, I love to try some fun Halloween foods. These Monster Cookies were especially cute.  I used purple and leaf green food colors.  To get the slime colored green, I also added a dot or two of yellow food color.  They were soft and gooey, and a total hit.


Since we love regular Gooey Butter Cake, I decided to give the pumpkin variety a whirl.  (Please disregard the picture quality on this, all of a sudden I realized I hadn't taken one!)  It is great!  The texture of the pumpkin layer is very different than a typical butter cake, but that doesn't interfere with the flavor at all.  Soooooo very good.

Comments