Much Celebrating

In early October, all thoughts at our house turn to the celebrating of one special little girl.  We've had a family celebration, a getaway trip, celebrating with friends, and more.  All that to say, I've been doing more celebrating than blogging.  Or perhaps you hadn't noticed.



For the big birthday celebration, the new eight year old selected Chicken Verde Mac & Cheese.  We also enjoyed fruit kabobs and Spinach Salad with Sweet-Spicy Nuts, Apples, Feta, and Bacon.  I chose to top the salad with the sweet dressing from the side of my salad dressing mixer.  Two thumbs up for the salad.  It was amazing.  For realsies.



Of course we had to have birthday cake!  My instructions from the birthday girl was a "Frozen" themed cake, but nothing specific was necessary.  I liked the idea of this watercolor cake.  I used white cake mix, and followed the Pinterest instructions for making it more "bakery" like.  I used this recipe for Buttercream Icing, which I then decorated with fondant decorations from this Etsy seller.  Needless to say, this handiwork made me look like a pro, when in truth all I did was online shop.

Comments