For a Friday

Friday evenings in the summer.  I tend to go for something fun, and maybe a little bit more work than I'd tackle other days of the week.


Tonight's choice was these copycat Red Lobster Shrimp Nachos.  Now, I've never had the Red Lobster version, but these were yummy! I swapped out some fresh salsa from our local grocery store for the pico, and it worked great!  I also added just a drop or two of hot sauce to the cheese sauce.  It turned out perfect.  Way yummy, and great for a summer night.


We capped off our dinner with these Salted Caramel Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Whoa.  That Salted Caramel Hazelnut spread from JIF is fantastico.  We tried it last week on s'mores when we were hanging out with the neighbors.  It's great for s'mores, as a dip for pretzels, butter crackers, or even graham crackers, and it's a delightful addition to these cookies.  They turned out to be a very thin, chewy cookie, but not crispy or dry, and thank goodness because I don't do crispy or dry.  I ended up using a combination of walnuts and pecans because I didn't have a full cup of walnuts.  I think the walnut flavor definitely came through more strongly.

So, there's two more recipes I'm loving right now.  Add it to the list!

Comments