Pears and Pancakes

Breakfast for dinner is a common Thursday plan around here.  It's simple, relatively quick, and always tasty.


This Vanilla Pear Dutch Baby definitely captured my curiosity as soon as I saw it.  We love Dutch Babies, Oven Pancakes, and all such dishes, but the idea of adding pears was definitely a new one.

There's really nothing complicated about the recipe.  I just whisked the ingredients together, as opposed to using the blender, and added the pears.  Into the skillet it went to bake.  This pancake didn't puff nearly as much as other recipes, but it still had a nice texture.  I loved the contrast of the orange zest with the pear flavor.  The two flavors are a lovely complement to one another.  I'll be on the lookout for other recipes that use the same combo.


Comments

Unknown said…
Mmm I always love breakfast for dinner! I also really enjoy dishes that incorporate pear in them, I think because it's something I don't have often so when I do have the flavor I usually enjoy it. This recipe looks simple to whip up too! Gotta love the simplicity of some breakfasts :)
Heidi said…
By Thursday evenings there's very little of me left so simple and easy is it!
Heidi said…
This comment has been removed by the author.