Practically Pumpkin


Have you ever pinned something because it sounded like a good idea, but not actually visited the source site to see what the actual instructions included?  Yep, that's what happened here.

I read "Pumpkin Spice Dutch Baby" and thought a pumpkin pancake sounded perfect for a fast dinner some fall evening.  Imagine my surprise when I read the recipe and found out that it didn't include any pumpkin!  Nevertheless, I was still intrigued by how pumpkiny it might or might not taste, so I made it.

I'm so glad I followed through!  This was a simple twist on the usual Dutch baby, but the spice combination led me to change up my toppings a little.  I topped mine with caramel sauce, pecans, and whipped cream.  Yummy.  Just yummy.  Totally not disappointed there was no pumpkin either!

Comments