Meh

It really bugs me when I recipe I am looking forward to making underwhelms.  That is the case with these Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita.  We're no stranger to Greek flavors in this house, but this wasn't really that Greek tasting.  Something about the all spice flavor didn't work.  It wasn't terrible, just not as good as others we've tried.

For the most part I followed the recipe, however instead of red pepper strips, we just topped our pita with a few dollops of Oikos Red Pepper Dip instead.

So, this one will go by the wayside, and I'll return to other, more familiar and better tasting territory.

Comments

Unknown said…
I always find myself feeling overwhelmed anytime I try to recreate a Greek dish of some sort. I don't know what it is, but I always get super excited to recreate those Greek flavors and always fall short! Maybe I have too high of expectations since I usually compare my creations to the Greek food I have had in downtown Chicago at some of my favorite restaurants in Greektown. I guess just give me some saganaki and spanikopita and I'm a happy girl. (Those are definitely two dishes I do not see myself attempting to recreate, though. Yikes talk about a disaster!)
Heidi said…
I've definitely had other recipes come closer to true Greek flavors (or at least Americanized Greek flavors). Such a let down when something should be good and isn't!