Gyros!


I've tried several gyro recipes in the past, and was excited to try this one for Ground Beef Gyros.  I just love the combination of the seasoned meat, tzatziki sauce, fresh veggies, and pita.

Although I didn't end up having enough oregano, I still liked the seasoning on these gyros.  They need more salt than I added, and it's really hard to salt a gyro after the fact.  I'm sure you can guess I how know.

We topped our gyros with this homemade tzatziki, which was awesome, tomatoes, feta, and green onion.  I made the tzatziki because I couldn't find any at the store, and now I know I'll be making homemade in the future because it is so easy.  I only made a partial recipe--one container of plain Greek yogurt, one teaspoon minced garlic, a splash of lemon juice, a tablespoon of dried dill weed, and half a cucumber, seeded and chopped.  Mmmmmmmmm

Comments