Cheater, Cheater, Pizza Eater


Some nights I am just not feelin' the menu plan.  Friday nights are often like that.  Usually I have a little more time in my day to accommodate a change up, plus, it's Friday night.  Friday nights are special, and sometimes require special food, even if that means someone else cooks.  (Especially if that means someone else cooks!)

I had everything I need to make a Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza, and even a shortcut to make it go more quickly.  This is the cheater part, but I've discovered it's a very tasty cheat!

We recently started ordering from Schwan's because they are donating a portion of the sales to my daughter's school.  Given the fact that the tornado has done a number on our property tax base, not to mention extra expenses that are happening at the school in the aftermath, every penny we get from other sources is a big deal!  Since we weren't previous customers, I started asking friends what they ordered and liked.  My neighbor highly recommended these Starter Crusts, and she didn't steer me wrong.  They are fantastic.  A perfect chewy crust every time.

Our pizza went a little something like this:  leftover pizza sauce from the fridge, browned ground beef and onion, a few slices cooked bacon chopped and sprinkled around, Colby-jack and mozzarella cheese.  Once the pizza came out of the oven, I added a few chopped dill pickles and tomato.  Hello! So good.  If only I would have thought to try barbecue sauce as the base!  We love a barbecue bacon cheeseburger.  Oh well, that will keep for another time.


Note: Schwan's didn't ask me to try, eat or comment on their Starter Crusts.  I did that all on my own with no compensation. 

Comments

Unknown said…
Heidi, how long is the planning process for a meal on a Friday night? Do you just take a look in the fridge and grab all of this stuff or is it pieced together several days in advance?

Thanks!

Thomas
Heidi said…
Normally, I look my menu for the week before my grocery shopping trip on Monday. I have a well stocked pantry and deep freeze that allows me to go off menu when the mood strikes. When I decide to change, I usually start thinking about it early in the day, decide whether I have to make a run to the store, and figure out how long the recipe will take to prep/bake.